Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My sister and I have a Soup Bandit raiding our apartment. Someone is breaking into my home and stealing my soup, among other things. I also think he's using my computer and various beauty products. I know people have cute little stories explaining why stuff in their homes go missing, like small people "borrowing" stuff, or whatever, but really they just lost their stuff. But that's not the problem here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to admit that I lose stuff. But I don't lose soup.

About a month ago, as I was studying for finals, I came down with a cold (naturally, it being finals). So I went to the store to get soup. As far as canned soups go, I personally like Healthy Choice soups, but that's just my personal preference. Anyway, the next day I get home from school, and I can't find it. So I called my sister at work, perhaps disproportionately upset, and told her that someone stole my soup. Although she expressed sympathy, she's seemed pretty confident that I only thought I bought soup, and somehow it just didn't make it into the grocery bags. I guess she figured that in my unwell state, I was confused. But she promised me that she'd stop and get some soup for me on her way home from work. Which she did.

The next day, I get home from school, and I can't find the soup that she bought for me. So I called my sister, who assured me that, yes, she did buy soup for me, and it should be in the pantry. But it's wasn't. When she got home from work, she looked for it, and she couldn't find it, either. We never did find it. So you tell me.

3 comments:

Ben said...

IT'S THE HISPANIC PERVERT OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW!!! He's not checking you out... he is waiting to leave so he can steal your soup!

Ben said...

waiting for you to leave that is. (typo)

JLR said...

Oh, my goodness! I had so not thought of that! How did I not reach that conclusion? It's so obvious! And I read mystery novels obsessively. I should be able to put two and two together!