Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Review, by JLR

Today we are reviewing the Odwalla Bar! nourishing food bar in the peanut crunch flavor.

It has 8 grams of protein. I suppose that is a plus.

It has an annoying name. First of all, don’t put exclamation points as a part of your product’s name, unless it’s something like “Oh, boy!,” which needs to be distinguished from the “oh, boy” meaning “uh-oh.” You don’t get to decide whether your product is exciting enough to merit the exclamation point. Second, don’t call it an Odwalla bar nourishing food bar. That’s like having a sign that says “Donut shop! We sell donuts.”

The flavor: it doesn’t taste like potatoes, like some other bars SUPPOSEDLY do. It does have a peanut butter-like taste. I do not find it offensive.

The texture: a little on the firm side, but I do plan on eating the whole thing.

Over all review: if you can choke down a power bar, you probably would like this. I can see myself buying this product again in the future.

6 comments:

Eddo said...

Odwalla is not as nutrional as they would like one to think. I use to drink their "Superfood" smoothie shake drink thing and it tasted mostly like bananas - and there is a TON of sugar in it.

I could have just taken vitamins with a Dr. Pepper if I wanted to injest that much sugar.

Only 8 grams of protein? Skip the bar and have some peanuts instead - they are one of the best snacks on the Earth.

Amstaff Mom said...

I LOVE Superfood smoothies from Odwalla. However, they are expensive. AND they are not organic, even though they are usually in the organic food section of my local Kroger. Deceiving.

JLR said...

Deceiving indeed. I have not tried their smoothies, but if they taste anything like their bars, I'll probably skip it. Ok to eat, but I'm not sure I could drink one. And I'm not sure I want a drink that full of sugar. I do love sugar, so actually a vitamin/Dr. Pepper combination doesn't sound too bad to me, but I get enough sugar from my regular candy snacking.

Melissa said...

I've had the berry smoothie of theirs before and it's actually pretty good, at least I think so. Of course, I forgot to check the sugar/carb count on it, but I'm sure it's high. That whole smoothie thing seeming like a healthy option is not very true, considering I read that most pack in hundreds of calories and are worst than a regular soda! Tricky food! :)

jacks said...

The Chocolate Chip Peanut Odwalla bar is GREAT! YUM!

The Cranberry C Monster...uh, not so good. *gag*

JLR said...

Yeah, see, I'd never buy a "nutrition" bar with cranberries. They have to be able to cover up the natural taste with peanut butter or chocolate, or it won't be good.