Wednesday, July 27, 2005

From the "They spent good money on this?" file

Boeing, DTU Studies Confirm Value of Air Purification

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2005/q2/nr_050613g.html

"If it weren't for the research, we might have decided just to increase the humidity," said Bair. "But the results clearly showed that we could do even more to improve passenger and crew comfort by also applying new air purification technology."

Seriously, next time they want to conduct a TWO YEAR study on something like the importance of removing "gaseous contaminants" in airplanes, why don't they just save some time and give me the money they would have spent conducting the study? Becase I could have told them that.

8 comments:

Kim Plaintive said...

Was your name always JJB?

Amstaff Mom said...

I was typing the same thing! I'm so confused. Why the initial change?

JLR said...

Nope. It was JLR, which was impersonal, so for today I switched to what my family calls me (JB or JJB). Well, first they called me JB, but then they added an extra J (don't know why--maybe it's more fun to say). So now my family calls me J, JB, or JJB. You can still refer to me as JLR. Take your pick.

MTG said...

Boeing engineers....rocket scientists all.

JLR said...

haha! I wish I'd thought to make a "rocket science" joke. I must be slipping.

NYgirl said...

JJB, that's unusual. I like that.

Good story. Some times the smartest people are also the dumest.

steve said...

AAAHHh... I looked at "jjb" and wondered why it looked wierd to me...

thats the excitement of my day... please try and contain your amazement

JLR said...

wow. that is an exciting day.