Friday, July 22, 2005

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Whatever you're doing this evening, I bet it isn't getting chocolate stuck to your pants.

Last Friday night, it rained. And by rained, I mean flooded. I had a feeling it was going to be heavy rain because at one point I'd looked out my window, and the tall buildings over on Oak Lawn that I usually see clearly weren't visible at all. The drive home was so bad that at one point, everyone on the freeway stopped for several minutes. I could barely see the headlights of the car stopped directly in front of me. The rain and wind were hitting my car so hard that at first I thought I'd been rear-ended. So, naturally, this seemed like a good evening to watch film noir. When I finally got home, my sister (rr) and I settled in to watch Laura, and I had a bag full of chocolate covered mini chocolate sandwich cookies (apparently, they aren't officially oreos). Then, naturally, I dropped one but didn't notice . . . until two hours later, when I stood up and noticed it had melted all over my pajama pants . . . and the sofa. I was disappointed, but not surprised. But I did resolve never to eat chocolate while sitting on the sofa watching movies.

But now it's 4:30pm, and I can see that it's getting cloudy, and I can hear thunder, and I'm thinking about how we recently purchased both The Big Sleep and The Maltese Falcon, and Central Market is technically on my way home, and this time, I even have my umbrella . . . .

5 comments:

RR said...

You can't stop by Central Market unless you're getting chocolate-free candy! *sigh* How soon we forget.

Besides, it's stopped raining now, so we're going to Home Depot, and then we will be doing yard work. There will be no fun tonight.

MsThang said...

OMG I hate it when I get stuff stuck to my clothes and I don't realize it till later. I could just imagine you with a fake oreo stuck to your pants as you walk around lol.

Falconmyst said...

Just surfing by...

I love movies on a rainy day with the family gathered about; grrrr hate the mishaps of chocolate and stains in my clothes though...

Wish I had film in my "camera"...

steve said...

I have had an evening of chocolate pants in a while....

JLR said...

falconmyst: thanks for stopping by. Movies on a rainy day are one of my favorite things--ranks up there with reading on a rainy day.

msthang: that kind of thing happens to me all the time. My sister is always telling me that I look "elegant," but I don't see how that's possible considering I'm normally wrinkled, bruised, frazzled, and have various mystery stains all over me.

steve-- :)I highly recommend it.

And fair warning to you (and really, to anyone associated with me): my clumsiness is contagious. People who spend significant amounts of time around me start to have incidents of their own. I don't know if it works if the contact is just through the blogworld, but I'm giving you fair warning. Look out!