Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So much do I hate Internet Explorer

Has this ever happened to you?

I need to look up something on google. So I type into the address bar "www.google.com."

An MSN Search page pops up. It says "We can't find www.google.com." That, of course, is not true. They can find it. I know this because further down on the page, it says "Did you intent to go to one of these similar addresses?" And under "similar" addresses, it lists www.google.com.

Those two addresses are not "similar." They are the same. EXACTLY the same. If you can find one, then you can find the other.

Is this some kind of conspiracy to route me through an MSN page?

Everytime this happens to me, I get angry and resentful. It says "we can't find [the page]", and I yell at it, "Oh, I think you CAN!" and "We'll just see about that."

Maybe it's all that aspartic acid. But whatever the reason, I never click on the link to the "similar" address. I always retype it into the address bar. Hmph.

7 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

And it ALWAYS works the second time.

"Clever girl"

When are doing the movie quiz thing??? The above quote is not from Clue, before you begin racking your brain.

Amanda Sue said...

usually i get that page when i type it like this:

ww.google.com

or

www.gogle.com

or

www.google.co

or

something else.

BUT THEY KNEW WHAT I MEANT TO SAY!

JLR said...

I know what you mean. I frequently type in www.blooger.com, which for some reason cracks me up. I don't know why, but it does.

JLR said...

Oh, and I'm working on the movie quiz thing. I have about half of it typed up so far.

jes said...

next time you need to call me into your office to inspect what you have done wrong. i would get immense pleasure out of that. ;)

Dave said...

Don't use it if you hate it! Try http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

JLR said...

Dave--thanks for the tip. I do use mozilla most of the time, but some web pages don't seem to work right unless I view them in IE. I really, really hate to do it, though! Keep spreading the good word . . .