Friday, July 08, 2005

Steve, I am jealous of you

Apparently, Steve leaves for Russia in 3 days or so. It's bad enough that he plays the guitar, and I cannot, and he can sing, and I cannot, but now he's going on my trip. I have always wanted to go there. I have always wanted to speak Russian. Someone once taught me (at my request) how to say in that language "please hold the elevator, my head is stuck in the door," but I have since forgotten it.

But if you're going there, bring me back a present, preferably something very, very cheesy. That way, when folks with discerning taste come to visit me, and they say with derision "what is that," I can say with enthusiasm, "oh, that, that's from Russia. Isn't it marvelous?" I bet they have a Russian equivalent of a dollar store there.

Be safe, Steve, and God bless.

2 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

I concur.

steve said...

Thank you so much!

I am just thrilled to be doing this for God. I am still scared spitless but I know that I am in good hands.

Throw some prayers my way!

God bless!