Friday, July 29, 2005

Three weeks of freedom

School starts back up in a few weeks. What despair, inc. poster will most accurately reflect my study habits this year? We'll have to wait and see, but if the past is any indication, it will be either

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

or this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I really do enjoy school. Parts of it. Like, for example, seeing my friends, and getting to wear jeans every day. There's a lot about law school itself that I do not enjoy. Like, for example, everything else. And, because I like to spread my misery around, sometime before school starts you will all (yes, all seven of you) get to read about my school experience thus far. I know, I know, you can barely contain your excitement. Try and hold it in. You don't want to frighten the neighbors.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Better you than me!! I've contemplated law school on several occasions, and in the end have decided that would be a huge mistake for me. I have all the respect for you going through it and having to deal with all of that mess, and hopefully it will pay off with a high-paying salary and a bit of happiness in the end! :)

Amstaff Mom said...

Bring on the stories! This one of seven is interested. My school stories boil down to the fact that I hated school. End of story.

Neat, huh?

Amanda Sue said...

i am a student too! it is going to be a little weird for me to sit on that side of the desk for a year. okay, not so weird, since technically, i have been a student for 19 years and a teacher for only 3.

jes said...

oh, JLR. the stories. will you really force us to live through law school with you? please don't say it's true. this is the entire reason i'm not GOING.

that, and the liability you have as an attorney.

and the cost of law school.

and the time away from your family, obligation to work for a certain period of time to justify going and paying all that money, and the insane hours most new lawyers work straight out of school.

pretty much, that means i'm lazy.

NYgirl said...

Oh this is gonna be fun.