Monday, August 22, 2005

And So It Begins

School has started. I have the new bottle of Mylanta all ready to go. I have no idea what time I'll get to bed tonight. I do know that tomorrow will be a very, very long day.

So I decided to take exactly five minutes to blog about the fact that I have no time to blog, except for the five minutes I'm setting aside to blog about having no time.

My brain is so addled right now that I can't really come up with a coherent, cohesive post. So I'm just going to post a few [note to Jes: this word does not mean three or more!] random observances.

(1) Today I went to school and then to work. I was dressed for work. It was good to see so many of my friends again, and, in a way, heart-warming to realize that they know me so well, as every blessed one of them made some variation of this comment: "you look nice . . . do you have to work today?" The unstated but implied finish to that comment was " . . . because I can't think of any other reason why you'd be dressed up."

It's true. Having spent 5 years previous to law school in the work force, I have relished the opportunity to dress like a slob. But how sad that others have noticed!

(2) Not too long ago, I accompanied jes to her apartment on our lunch break. Everything there was extremely tidy, including their magenetic poetry on the fridge. There were a number of things about the apartment that I'd like to comment on, but that's another blog. Today I will just say this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(3) Last week we cleaned out the staff room for the law review. I carried a lot of old paper and a number of boxes. I somehow got a cut on my arm, which looked really gross for a while, but not just looks kind of gross:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At least it's not puffy any more. And I'm not so paranoid about having anthrax .

And that's it for me for now. I have to get back to my reading, which is taking me for-ev-er.

7 comments:

Amstaff Mom said...

IC's back!! IC's back!!!

Now we know why you've been gone so long. OK, maybe you'd already told us, we just needed further explanation of your absence to be satisfied.

I'm temporarily satisfied.

jes said...

howard hawks? who's that?

and, what in the world do you have to say about the apt? i must know. all feedback is good.

JLR said...

Jes: Go to http://www.answers.com/topic/
howard-hughes

and scroll down to "Hughes the recluse."

Amanda Sue said...

but why do you call him howard hawks? :( i don't get it.

i HATE when i don't get it.

Lia said...

I'm used to not getting it.

Sorry about the arm, but I'm glad it's not anthrax.

steve said...

Anthrax ROCKS!!!

we are talking about music arent we?

JLR said...

hmm. Howard Hawks, Howard Hughes, both directors, same difference, right? My brain is so fried right now, that's the best you're going to get out of me.

And my brain must really be fried, because I just said "same difference," an expression I've never been fond of.

steve: haha! Sure. That's what we're talking about.