Thursday, August 04, 2005

One last thing, and then I really will get back to work

This is why I'm going to miss coming to work everyday. Because I get to have conversations like this IM I just had with jes:

jlr: gmail is google mail? Didn't realize that. I have one of those already!

jes: ha.

jes: ha

jes: ha

jes: ha

jes: ha

jes: ha

jlr: what, do you have the hiccups?

jes: no. just laughing at you in long, drawn out segments.

jlr: wouldn't that be more like haaaaaaa

jlr: haaaaaaa

jlr: haaaaaaaaaaa

jlr: because otherwise, it just seems like short bursts.

jes: yes, it was short bursts of laughing at you.

jes: like rapid fire

jlr: Ah. Like a machine gun. I think that must sound very attractive.

jes: ha

jes: haha

jes: hah

jes: ha

jes: ha

jes: yes, it does.

jes: i'll impersonate it for you sometime.

jes: very "Beevis"

jlr: I can't wait to hear it. It might be as good as my "tennis shoes on a gym floor" eeping laugh. It does earn me quite the admiring glance now and again.

jes: you should try it next time you go to Starbucks.

jes: you know, the one with the cute police officer?

jlr: hmm. Good advice. Maybe I'll take you with me. Your machine gun approach could draw their attention. You know, because they'll think someone's opened fire.

jlr: btw, TOTALLY posting this on my blog.

jes: ha.

jes: ha.

jes: ha.

11 comments:

jes said...

ha
ha
ha
ha

reading this again made me laugh. i crack myself up!

ha
ha
ha

JLR said...

me, too! I laughed so hard at what you wrote, and of course I had to choke it in because we're at work--I think I pulled something.

Katie said...

For someone who posted that they couldn't post because they have too much work to do you sure have posted alot.

Crack me up you two. Hey take me to the Starbucks with the cute police officer. Guys in uniforms are always a plus. Unless it is the security guard with the tummy that hangs six inches over his belly. That uniform is NOT attractive.

Amstaff Mom said...

blech. flashlight carrying security guards? no thanks. Sometimes the SWAT team uses our facilities for conferences. Now THAT is a sight to behold. >:)

RR said...

Once I saw newly-recruited firemen at the city hall. That was a nice sight.

Ben said...

Ya'll are funny.

Katie said...

Fill the Boot. First off I love dropping my change in a boot (weird I know). Second - cute firemen on every corner.

NYgirl said...

You two are funny. I'm going to use the "short rapid burst laugh" with my friend. It'll be fun to see how she reacts :)

Melissa said...

There actually was an incident with cops at the Starbucks in Hollywood when we were there in April. We were sitting there minding our own business eating on the balcony of CPK and visiting with a friend, when suddenly the police stormed the Starbucks. We never found out why and a few minutes later they just sort of walked away like nothing happened. So maybe it was California versions of you two and your silly laughter! :)

JLR said...

nygirl: I'm sure you'll get very strange looks, but it will be so worth it.

melissa: I bet that's what it was. I wish I'd been there to see that!

katie: they don't do that in Dallas any more because of D's stupid no panhandling rule, which of course, no one follows but law-abiding citizens (i.e. the firemen). Booooo.

You know, I once read a book talking about dogs, and it mentioned the different types of barks, one of which was a machine gun type bark:
"woof woof woof . . . woof . . . woof . . . woof woof woof . . ." very funny and TOTALLY true.

JLR said...

anyway, that's what jes's laugh made me think of.