Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Speaking of pots

One of Amstaff mom's comments on my last post and something Deals had on her blog recently (or was it on impatientbee) made me think of my views on hot tubs, which I think I should pass on. So here it is:

Hot tub=human stock pot

That's right. It's like boiling people. The hot tub is like one giant stock pot. You're sitting there, cooking, stewing away. Think about what happens to chickens while they're been boiled. Uh-huh. You know what I mean. Chicken juices. It's how you make chicken stock. Same thing with hot tubs. All the people juices are just swirling around in there. You're stewing in other people's juices. So I hope you really like the people you're in the tub with (and everyone who's been in that tub before you), because you're soaking in them.

Mmm. Yummy.

Hope everyone has a great time this Labor Day weekend. Stay out of stock pots.

10 comments:

jes said...

you've totally ruined spas for me. i love spas! except with spas, you have chlorine.

and not many people i know put chlorine in with the chicken. let me know if you come across anyone who does that, though.

Katie said...

ahahahahahahahahaha

That is sick and hilarous at the same time.

Ugh, I don't think I'll be going to any hot tubs (roasting pots) anytime soon.

Amstaff Mom said...

I'm inspirational!

In a bad way. Because that was kinda nasty.

Reminds me of a CSI episode I saw...

Amanda Sue said...

ew. that is yuck.

now, whenever i am in a hot tub, i will think of that weird bubbly film that forms on the top of a boiling pot of chicken. *gag*

MsThang said...

LOL that was absolutely nasty, but very true lol. I quit doing hot tubs a LONG time ago for reasons similar to yours.

Katie said...

Oh Amanda Sue - you had to go there. I'm dry heaving at my desk right now. DRY HEAVING.

Amanda Sue said...

so sorry!

who needs hot tubs anyway! lets talk about the foot spas at the pedicure place...

JLR said...

ah, yes. Something else that I will not go near.

steve said...

Oh my Goodness you totally made me ill..

JLR said...

steve: that's the point! Remember, only you can prevent the spread of bacteria-infested man-broth.