Wednesday, August 03, 2005

We would like to take this opportunity to officially reject you.

Rejection line: It's been awhile since I called this number up for a good laugh. I'm sad that my favorite poem isn't playing now ("Why? Why no friends in high school?"), but it still works.

So I thought I would call it again, and then mention to everyone to remind you to call when you need a good laugh.

Or just to feel better about yourself because no one's ever done this to you. Yet.

I'll even copy their webpage for you:

Someone won't leave you alone?

Give them "your" number: 212-479-7990
The official New York Rejection Line!


The rejection line team takes care of the rest, providing premium rejection services -- completely free of charge!!

It's that simple.

We do the rejecting. You spend time doing things you enjoy, like walking in the park, going to cultural events, and dating attractive people.

6 comments:

JLR said...

Yea! The poem is available online:

I, Lighthouse

JLR said...

Grr. The link is not working. Cut and paste, you must.

http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~peretti/reject/poem2.mp3

Katie said...

Hmmm I may have to keep this handy for those circumstances when I am bombarded for my number. Wait that never happens, oh well I will just call and reject myself every once and a while for good measure.

Amstaff Mom said...

Glad I don't have to worry about this anymore..

NYgirl said...

Isn't it cool. Where was it when I needed it?

Deals On Wheels said...

They also have numbers in DC. Yeah, so I had fun with that...