Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dallas Area Animal Lovers--Take Note

City Pet Rescue (CPR) desperately need foster homes for homeless animals! CPR is a local non-profit, no-kill animal rescue organization. While there is always a need for foster homes, the need is even greater after Katrina because there is an influx of incoming animals from the hurricane area. Local animal shelters desperately need all rescue groups to take cats, kittens, dogs and pups, of all sizes. CPR needs foster homes for these animals. Please email Sara Schryvers (schryve@smu.edu) if you are interested in learning about fostering or any other way that you can help. This is an easy and fun way to help victims of Katrina.

4 comments:

Amanda Sue said...

aw - did anyone see oprah re: the hurricane? (or do other people have jobs?)

there was this man crying so hard over his dog that he was going to have to leave behind. that just broke my heart! adopt a dog, guys!

jes said...

yes, adopt a dog! do it for me! do it for those of us who are in apartments that won't let us have pets although we desperately want one! two! many!

bjzitwmz!

Jennboree said...

We had this discussion already and would adopt another dog, but we've met the city limit for them...3.

I too saw the Oprah and I was so glad they were able to send that guy's dog to a safe place so he could go on to a shelter himself!

Kim Plaintive said...

I wish I could help with the animals, but I'm too far away! I'm hoping to get a dog sometime next year though and I will definitely adopt it from a shelter.