Monday, November 14, 2005

A Few More Random Thoughts

Random Thought One:
I miss the radio commercial for (I think) a car battery, wherein the announcer guy's pattern of talking imitated a problem with your car:
"Is your car.Is your car. Is your car hard to start?" "Does it hes- i-tate?" "Is it looooossssiiiing poooweerrr?"
At least once a winter, rr and I have a conversation in which "Is your car.Is your car.Is your car hard to start?" features prominently.

Random Thought Two:
The other day I was talking to my friend Merry, and had this random thought: You know how in cartoons, when a character starts to run, he does that running in place thing for a few seconds before he takes off? Why is it that, whenever they make a live action movie out of a cartoon, they don't do that?

Random (but related) Thought Three:
I love that, in college, RR and one of our roommates decided to learn how to do the "cartoon walk" a la Super Friends. They practiced and practiced until they had it down pat (and it did take practice, because the walk is really counterintuitive). It was fabulous.

3 comments:

RR said...

Thanks, JLR, for reminding me of the "is your car. is your car. is your car" bit. Tee hee!

Also, merci beaucoup for recognizing the skill that went in to mastering the cartoon walk. Our studies may have suffered for it, but the walk was worth the time it took to learn. Hmm...I wonder if I can still do it?

Deals On Wheels said...

Uh, "cartoon walk"? Yeah, that must have been something that they did back in the 1970s (definitely before MY time)...

Amstaff Mom said...

I was talking to someone about Yosemite Sam and how he says "Whoa Dragon!" and how cute he was in his little armor on one of the cartoons just this weekend. I love cartoons. To this day!