Monday, January 30, 2006

Ew, ew, ew/I hate you

My brain is never, ever quiet. I always have stuff tossing around up there. Unfortunately, my brain isn’t always processing quality information. Whenever nothing else is going on, and I should be able to just stop thinking for a minute, my brain decides that I need some background music and starts running a song through my head. As I may have mentioned previously, that song is usually Elvis Presley’s “In the Ghetto.” I call it my “default song” because whenever my brain can’t think of anything else, that song kicks in. I have had various default songs over the years, but that one’s been the most recent.

I never know what is going to set off the cranial jukebox. It doesn’t seem to be related in any way to something someone has said or to something I’ve seen. The other day it was “You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Lucille,” which rr did not appreciate me singing out loud, because as we all know, bad songs are contagious. And as it turns out, the only way to get a song out of your head is to get it stuck in someone else’s. Luckily, this is easily accomplished, because, as I said, bad songs are contagious.

And that is why, my friends, I’m letting you know that right now I have the Milli Vanilli classic, “Girl, You Know It’s True” on constant rotation in the radio of my brain.

I know, I know! Thanks for sharing! I’m not doing it to be mean—really I’m not. But I can’t bop around the office with this song in my head. And if I don’t do something about it, it will be with me all the rest of the night, and I have other plans. It has to go. Therefore, I have to pass it on to someone else. So . . . sorry about that.

************

Oh, for -----

*&#@*!@!!!!

I started to say, ‘hey, it worked,’ because the song was gone, but now “Lucille” is back. GREAT.

So, um . . . does anyone else have that song stuck in their heads now?

8 comments:

EmmaSometimes said...

Achey Breaky Heart. I just opened a mullet photo contest on my blog. Send me one if you want!!

Amstaff Mom said...

I don't know those songs. Phew!

Sorry for your troubles JLR.

Amstaff Mom said...

Hey! I just noticed your "5 blogs I'm reading right now" section. And I'm in it! YEA!!!

RR said...

Oh, great .

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille...

Deals On Wheels said...

I get Ice, Ice, Baby stuck in my head sometimes, which is weird because I was never a big fan in the first place. That and Baby Got Back and I'm too Sexy. It's like my brain reverts back to bad early 90s music. Tragic, I know.

I also get Don't Cry for me, Argentina stuck in my head a lot, which is actually kind of fun - purely because it drives Trevor crazy!

Deals On Wheels said...

P.S. Off of AM's comment: So, why isn't RR on your list of "5 BLOGS I'm reading right now"?

Amstaff Mom said...

She is up on the "links" list though. I'm impressed just the same.

And THANKS for the 90's music Deals. I do know those.

JLR said...

aaaaaaand it's back.

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille/
With four hungry children, and crops in the field.

Yea.

Although Ice Ice Baby did give it a run for its money the other day.
Oh, and Deals--I also sometimes get don't cry for me, Argentina stuck in my head!!

Oh, wait, the radio in my head just switched to Mambo Italiano. That's interesting.