Thursday, July 13, 2006

Apparently, what I need is supervision

Bar exam studying continues. Only 12 days until the exam. Yesterday I was so productive. Today, not so much so far. The only difference? Yesterday I had my friend Sue sitting here studying in the same room, and if I wasn’t studying, she’d notice (and make me be productive). She’s a mom, so she has that “is that what you’re supposed to be doing?” way about her, the aura that means no back talk, and do your homework without being told. I was shamed into studying like a good little girl. Today, I’m here all by my lonesome and getting nothing done. And what little I am reading is not sticking in my head. I used to know this stuff!

“Just remember: The only estates that the Rule Against Perpetuities applies to are contingent remainders, executory interests, and vested remainders subject to open!”


Gah. Failing. . .

10 comments:

Katie said...

NOOOOO you can't fail, because you're the only lawyer (well potential lawyer) that I know. What happens if I get arrested for something and they say I have my ONE phone call and I call you and you have to tell me that you failed the bar so you can't represent me in my grand larceny of a large stuffed cow? Then what will I do. So you must pass if only to prevent me from rotting in jail with my big stolen stuffed cow.

I feel like the above was sufficient kick in the pants to get you to study.

And GOOD LUCK.

Lia said...

There's only so much consecutive studying that's humanly possible. Go eat some ice cream.

Then, GET BACK TO WORK!

JLR said...

hmph. make me.

JLR said...

seriously. somebody make me.

JLR said...

[and thanks for the suggestion, lia. maybe a break to get peanut butter soy frozen "yogurt" is just what I need to help me concentrate.]

kt: that does help. extra pressure is good! as long as no one makes fun of me if I have to take it twice.

Katie said...

This is my thought, for all I know my doctor failed his boards (got that from watching Grey's Anatomy - see TV has merits) multiple times so if you take the bar a few times before you pass you still beat us all by saying "I'm a lawyer"

Katie said...

and I like Lia's idea, I'm not studying but I think I will eat ice cream in support of your studying

Lia said...

Let's all eat ice cream in support of any cause you want. :)

In fact, if you bring chocolate into the study area with you, you can use it as incentive - "If I can get through this chapter, I get one block of chocolate." Works for me.

JLR said...

I'm trying that approach, but with cookies. We'll see if it works.

Amstaff Mom said...

The 25th is the bar? T-minus 6 days and counting. Study JLR!!

And then, when it's over, we need to go celebrate. Lia can fly down, RR, Deals, K-T and I can all go celebrate with you.

Let's do it. If you say no, I'll pull my "30th b-day card" and we'll go for that. Let's do it!