Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shiver MeTimbers, It's Almost That Time Again

It’s now 21 days until Talk Like a Pirate Day. Yea! To launch our countdown until the day, rr and I went online and found a number of Pirate Name Generators. According to them, my pirate name is

First Mate Catherine of the Barbary Coast


or

Musket Max

or

Lackey Maria Lindsey


or (and I think this is my favorite, only because it involved a quiz)



My pirate name is:


Iron Jenny Rackham



A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you’re a tough person. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network


(Actually, I took it twice, and just by changing one answer, I got upgraded to Captain


My pirate name is:


Captain Jenny Rackham



Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

This one has the added bonus of almost being my initials, except my initials are JLR, not IJR or CJR. But I do have a "J" and an "R," so that's close.
[RR’s note: mine was Captain Ethel Kidd. But you can call me Captain.]

So if you are reading this--consider yourself tagged. Go find your pirate name! You can either post it today or wait until Talk Like a Pirate Day and let the world know then.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Your pirate name is:
Mad Ethel Rackham

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

JLR said...

Do we get to call you "Mad Ethel" now? Or at least "mad katie?"

Katie said...

ha, either i guess, but NOT Mad Kitty (then I would go all pirate on you)

Amstaff Mom said...

Your pirate name is:
Dirty Jenny Kidd

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!