Friday, January 19, 2007

How Excited Am I?

This Sunday, "Masterpiece Theatre" presents its production of Jane Eyre. I know that when the Bronte sisters come up, everyone ohs and ahs over Wuthering Heights, which ok, Heathcliff, Catherine, love, death, whatever, blah blah blah. Jane Eyre was one of the first classics that I ever read (though I think I read Pride and Prejudice first), and I poured over it and cried while reading it as only a girl in seventh or eighth grade can (I don't remember how old I was, but I know that my successful reading of it gave me the confidence to later try Last of the Mohicans, and I know that was in the eighth grade--turned out that at the time that one was a bit over my head, vocabulary-wise, I'm sad to say).

No matter what it's flaws, it still has a special place in my heart.

7 comments:

Dapoppins said...

Hi, (a friend of EmmaSometimes) I saw that too! I am so going to be there watching with my popcorn ready to be awed.

JLR said...

Hi, dapoppins! I recognize you from Emma's blog. Welcome! I am glad that someone else will be out there watching it with me in spirit. I am so psyched!

JLR said...

Well, I just finished watching Part I, and all I can say is, it's going to be torture waiting a whole week to watch Part II. Fabulous.

Amstaff Mom said...

I was with you!! As I mentioned on my post, my sister called my husband and told him to record it. I knew nothing of it (because I hadn't read your blog!)

I was so excited!

But WHEN oh WHEN is Part 2?!?!?

JLR said...

Don't watch much Masterpiece Theatre, AM? They usually break their shows up into parts, shown on successive Sundays. Part II will be on next Sunday at 8pm.

Amstaff Mom said...

No, I don't. Evidently it took hubby forever to find it so he could hit the record button. As my sister later told me, he said " is it this one, the one with the girl running away from the mean woman?"
"oh. ok"

JLR said...

AM: ha! I can totally picture him saying that. It's so sweet that he was willing to record it for you.