Monday, March 05, 2007

I don't know about you, but my weekend flew by. I did get a long done, though, and the weekend had good things and bad things about it.

Bad things:
  • My mother and I had a long talk about how she is totally stressed about money and we are both totally stressed about certain other family members. The talk wasn’t bad, but the stress is. And all of the problems we talked about would go away if people in my family would just frackin’ listen to me. I know, I know, be a little more sure of your self there, JLR, but on this, I know I’m right, because I have been down the exact road they are going down. But unfortunately I have a big mouth and am always telling people in my family what to do, so none of them listen to me at all. Ever. My own fault, really, but still.
  • RR and I saw a man standing on the sidewalk of a shopping center holding a sign that said “I need a job please.” He looked like he was in his 60s (at least), and he was wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. I hope someone gave him a job. If I had anything at all that I could hire him for, I would, but I don’t. Please keep him in your prayers.
  • RR and I spent too much money on stuff at a new coffee place by my parents’ house. We really want to be supportive of local coffee houses, but we are also on a budget. Also, those muffins? Very yummy but not on the diet.

Good things:
  • I had time to do my nails and give myself a pedicure. I bought one of those things for your feet that look like cheese graters. My feet had become completely hobbit-like, what with me no longer needing to wear shoes because of all the dead skin. That has been addressed. I feel like a human being again.
  • I finally put all my law books for sale online. Finally! Now I just hope that someone buys them so that I can get them out the house.
  • I finished my taxes. Normally I get them taken care of in early January, but for some reason I just hadn’t gotten around to it. So now they are finally done. Yea!
  • The long scrape on my leg does not look as angry as it did. This scrape I got from a metal shelving unit, and for a few days it looked like I might have an infection to deal with, but now it just looks ugly instead of angry.
  • RR and I checked out the church we are going to go to next Sunday. We always like to scope these things out in advance–how’s the parking situation, whether people get there on time or not, how are people dressed, etc. So now we’re good to go, and I’m super excited about the idea of getting back to church on a regular basis. I’m not excited about the fact that this church’s website says it uses “the latest technology,” which to me means “we do skits and play really loud music over which you cannot hear the singing,” which I cannot stand. But we’ll see how it goes.
  • I slept all the way through the night both Friday and Saturday nights. That’s the first time in a long time that something hasn’t woken me up.
  • Got my haircut. Yea for haircuts.
  • Brought work home and actually worked on it. So now I’m not quite as behind as I was.
  • RR made a low-sugar oatmeal bar thing that, although it doesn’t stick together as it should, tastes fabulous.
So that was my weekend. I got a lot done, and that makes me happy. Nothing too terribly interesting happened, but I don’t need that. So how was your weekend?

4 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

What? A weekend? When? Oh, wait. I remember. It's so hard to keep track of those things, especially when they end seemingly before they begin.

I got my cable fixed. It had been out for almost a week before I noticed. The sad thing is that none of my shows were automatically recorded by my DVR. This means, whenever I actually get around to watching my shows, I'll have a weird gap in the storyline. Sigh...

I also bought plants and planted them. This didn't work out very well last year. I’m hoping for more success in 2007 (and that your B-day freeze doesn't kill them all).


Sorry about all the stress. You can blame me if you like (assuming, of course, you aren’t blaming me already). I know it doesn’t accomplish much, but blaming someone can sometimes make you feel better. Therefore, as long as I don’t actually have to be whipped, I’ll gladly be your whipping boy (errrr…girl). I’ll also have Gypsy Kitty pray for you. This also accomplishes nothing, but puppy prayers are cute (and make me happy).

JLR said...

Deals--The stress wasn't too bad, and was far outweighed by the good. But I'm happy to blame you.

I'm sorry to hear about your cable! But at least it's fixed now.

As for the plants--good luck with that! I'm familiar with the yearly "let's see if they can make it this year" planting. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Deals On Wheels said...

Thanks. So far, so good. Except for the one that Haskell pulled up last night and brought to me. He was very proud of himself. Me? Not so much. In fact, I probably would have considered sending him to bed without supper had he not been so happy with his newfound ability to "retrieve" things for me. That and the fact he's so darn cute and wiggly. It's hard to stay mad at him.

I’m just hoping this plant retrieving thing he has going on won’t become a permanent Haskell-ism. It’s hard enough trying to grow things in my backyard without my dog “helping” me water. And, yes, by “water” I mean that Haskell seems to really enjoying peeing on anything newly planted. Just my luck…

Katie said...

another good thing: your list of good things is longer than bad things so . . . . GOOD WINS