Thursday, April 12, 2007

So not a challenging place to ride a bike, then

This morning while surfing the ‘net, I happened to read Just Some English Guy’s blog and saw his description of how flat the part of Idaho he’s in on a business trip: “it's probably the only place on earth where you could sit on your porch and watch your dog run away for three days.”

I don’t know why, but that struck me as incredibly funny. I’m still laughing about it. I guess that’s a good thing, because it’s distracting me from worrying about the powdered sugar all over my skirt. I can only assume that means I’ll get more work done.

4 comments:

jes said...

That's hilarious - I sat my desk snorfling, imagining watching my dog run away for three days, and wondering at what point I might want to grab the binoculars.

Seriously. I overthink these things.

Amstaff Mom said...

Great mental picture!!!

and I'm always looking for places that I would not be afraid to ride a bike. Good to know.

Hope you're doing well. Happy Friday!

James said...

Wow. Someone found my joke funny. Whatever next?

JLR said...

jes--but that just makes it funnier! Picturing it, I mean. And now I'm laughing about it again. I mean, at some point, what? You go to bed, and then maybe get up the next morning and check, 'yep, he's still there.'

AM: I hope that you are doing well, too! (I was going to say "as well," but then I'd be saying "doing well as well" and that seemed strange).

james: I frequently do find your blog to be funny. Of course, if it's not supposed to be funny . . . I don't know what to say.