Friday, June 22, 2007

What’s the international sign for “get back to work”?

Do you guys remember “The State,” the sketch comedy show MTV aired in the late 90s? I loved that show. And because I associated it with my undergrad days, I’m very nostalgic about it.

And why do I bring this up? Because for some reason, the theme song [about 55 seconds into the clip] popped into my head this morning. I don’t mind the music, but it’s stuck in there good and proper, and that’s making me want to watch t.v., which they frown on you doing at work.

But I did take the time to verify that you can finally find some of the episodes online, including one of my all-time favorite sketches, “Choking.”

2 comments:

Heather said...

OMG, the State! LOVE. My fav was the sketch where they go camping in the living room.

Have you seen Wet Hot American Summer? It has almost the entire State cast, plus the gorgeous Paul Rudd, David Hyde Pierce, and Janeane Garofolo. And more! Hilarious!

JLR said...

I haven't seen that! I am so glad that someone else out there not only remembers the show, but remembers it fondly! I don't know if I remember that sketch, I'll have to see if I can find it online.

I admit that I have a bit of a crush on Michael Ian Black. Have you seen the clip (somewhere on the internet) of him telling the joke that his son made up? I don't know why, but I think it's hilarious.