Monday, July 23, 2007

Wishing for Working from Not-Home

My boss is pretty flexible and sometimes lets me work from home even though that’s not an option given to most people in the office (most other bosses don’t like the work from home thing). I usually get a lot done when I work from home because I am uber-productive in my jammies. But I think I could be even more productive if I was working from somewhere else entirely. The beach, for example. Or not even actually at the beach–the sand would probably get in the way. I would be happy to work from a room from which I could smell and hear the ocean. It doesn’t even have to be the beach. I just want to go to some place on a visit and get to work from there during the day but do fun stuff at night, so it’s sort of like a vacation, but I don’t have to take any vacation time. And I don’t have to try to do my hair.

I’m thinking the odds of this happening are somewhere between laughable and fired-for-even-asking. But that doesn’t stop me from dreaming about it.

BTW, I apologize for the still infrequent posting lately. I don’t know why I’m so tired lately, but I just can’t seem to do anything that involves thinking, and considering that’s pretty much all that my job entails, I have to use all my energy on that. I have considered posting “to do” lists for the sake of having something recent posted, but that just seems silly. Then again, maybe that way I’d actually remember to do the things I write down.

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of gnats? We seem to be having a problem with them in our kitchen. It’s not so much that we have a lot of them, we just seem to always have one or two. We keep everything sealed and always wash our dishes and wipe down counters, so we can’t figure out where they’re coming from or how to get rid of them. We’re getting tired of having to cover everything, and I mean everything–I can’t even leave a slice of bread on a plate while making a sandwich, I have to cover it with a paper towel or something to keep it gnat-free while I scoop the peanut butter out of the jar. Last night one had the effrontery to fly directly into the bag of bread while I was making my lunch for today, so rr and I felt compelled to throw out the whole loaf. This was after I dropped my dinner on the floor. It was not a good night for me, food-wise.

No comments: