Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And lo, it was the longest day ever.

Is it just me, or is today dragging by for everyone? I spoke to Deals on the phone about an hour ago, and it feels like yesterday. A minute ago, I thought to myself that I could use more caffeine but shouldn’t drink it late in the day, and then I realized that it’s not even 1:30 yet. On the plus side, I have lots of time to get work done today, which is good because I’m behind and moving at the pace of . . . something slow (my brain is also moving slowly today). On the downside, although I only have a little over 3 hours left in my work day, it will feel like 8.

Y’all, I have a cut on my finger that is starting to look a little puffy. I am concerned because (a) I cut myself with my own fingernail, and (b) I cut myself with my own fingernail. By (a) I mean that I am concerned that I have razor-like fingernails (I knew they were strong and therefore not inclined to break; I did not know I could use them to clip coupons and shave my legs). And by (b) I mean that I am concerned because what could I have had on my fingernail that would cause a cut made by it to look all red and puffy? Don’t say fungus.

Don’t say tetanus, either.

4 comments:

RR said...

Typhoid?

You should think about taking another trip to the minor urgent care clinic this evening. Seriously.

RR said...

Also, possibly gangrene. Or just a really, really nasty infection. Is it oozing?

Amstaff Mom said...

yeah, believe me, I feel your pain.

What if you're not supposed to have caffeine??!! What if you feel OH SO guilty for just having a few sips of caffeine?

Then how bad would it be?

Yeah. Thankfully I wasn't addicted, but I do miss it.

JLR said...

It's *not* oozing. That I would have taken care of. It's only slightly red.

AM--my coworker is expecting, and she is dying for Starbucks. I feel so bad slinking out of the office to get it and then smuggling it back in. I don't know what I'd do in y'all's situation. But it's worth it. . . right?