Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Brief Letter to That Certain Hairstylist, Who Shall Remain Nameless

Dear Woman Who Recently Cut My Hair;

I know that this was the first time you cut my hair. And I know I said that I wanted my hair to be layered. But I thought that you would be able to tell that I meant for it to have one layer, and a long layer at that, just enough to keep my hair from looking like Alice’s in the Dilbert comic strip (although I have much admiration for Alice, I do not admire her hair). I thought you could tell that from the way my hair was already cut, and, you know, the words coming out of my mouth. I don’t know where you got the idea that I would be ok with you giving my hair a modified shag, with significant amounts of my hair shorter than the rest, so that when my hair is curly, it looks like an inverted triangle, and when it’s dry, I look like Mrs. Brady. I appreciate that my hair can be a challenge and maybe a bit overwhelming, but you should have noticed at some point before it was too late that it just wasn’t going to work. It’s not cool, and I’m not pleased.

Thanks ever so.

Sincerely,
JLR

7 comments:

jes said...

Oh. That's most unfortunate. Maybe you SHOULD actually name her.

JLR said...

jes, you make a good point. Of course, I also probably should have said something about how hideous my hair was when she got done with it, but I chickened out.

I will say that my hair is not completely impossible, it just takes a lot of effort now to calm it down into something acceptable.

RR said...

Another stylist was cutting my hair at the same time as JLR's, and when she was done, we looked over at JLR, and my stylist leaned over and said to me, "Yours looks better than hers."

It looks much better now that JLR has messed with it, though.

Emma Sometimes said...

Oh...that stinks. New stylist are the most horrid roulette ever. I found one I loved (she cut my layers last...) and now she has departed to California. I'm SO moving. I hope Mr. Coffee does not mind, but hey, I'll have nice hair. Maybe not.

I hope your hair grows on you when it starts growing out.

Amstaff Mom said...

Sounds like we need PICTURES!!!

I know, I know, but at least I asked.

Lia said...

Ugh. I'm a fan of plain and boring, since that's the hardest to get wrong. The last time I got an interesting style . . . I still haven't heard the end of it from my brother.

Deals On Wheels said...

I don't have eyebrows.