Friday, August 24, 2007

This and That

So, I was walking past the county jail today, like I do everyday, and I saw a woman outside in a black evening dress, aqua socks, and flip flops. And I’m wondering if she always dresses like that, or if she just got out of jail and that’s what they picked her up in? I have to say, I hope it’s the former. And if that’s the case, I kind of want to meet her.

In other news, several of my coworkers are leaving for new gigs, and I’m mostly sad about it. We all more or less learned the being-a-lawyer ropes together. We all found out we’d passed the bar together. And now we’re going in different directions, and though we’ll keep in touch, I can’t pop into someone’s office to ask for input on a sticky issue, and none of them will be calling me and beginning with, “this may be a stupid question, but” and following with a question that I also was struggling with but was sure I was the only one who didn’t know the answer. It’s just nice to work with people at the exact same point in their careers as you are. But at the same time, I’m happy for them. It’s good for them, and that’s all that really matters. The good news for me is that my Starbucks buddy is not leaving, so I still have someone to make the trip with every week. So I’ve got that going for me.

Misc. Notes
  • I am not in favor of pizza crust with cheese in it. I never thought I’d say this about anything, but it’s just too much cheese.
  • It is possible for Twinkies to go stale.
  • One of my coworkers and I dressed almost exactly alike today, right down to our purses. Except that I looked like the unkempt version.
  • And for that matter, I really should stop looking like a slob at work. This would require me getting out of bed earlier than 20 minutes before I have to leave. I do not see this happening in the foreseeable future.
  • I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

jes said...

For the record, I've hated stuffed-crust pizza for a long time for the same reason. Plus, they use cheap cheese and it tastes gross, and there's lots of it, so it's a mouthful of gross.

RR said...

I don't think you look like a slob, but sometimes you look less than alert. Of course, you usually haven't had much (or any) coffee when I see you in the mornings.

Amstaff Mom said...

He he! "the unkept version". That is SO me.