Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall television: so far, so good.

As everyone who knows me is aware, I loves the t.v. So I thought I’d write a quick something about the fall t.v. season so far. This will be brief.

CHUCK
Chuck is great. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it or not from the previews, but I LOVED it. It’s funny and charming. If you didn’t watch the pilot, it’s still available on the NBC website (supposedly) and should be up until the next episode (although it wasn't working the other night. well it was, and then it wasn't), and after that, you can buy it on Amazon. Y'all, it's really great. Go watch it. Between The Office, 30 Rock, and this show, NBC really has my attention. They are doing great things with the funny shows.

AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL
ANTM was fabulous. Tyra dressed up in a showgirl costume and sang a song. It was so bad. And this season’s second episode, similarly crazy. I just love how that show defies my expectations every week. Every week, I think, “can’t be more ridiculous than last week,” but every week, it is. At least “Miss J” looks like he got a haircut.

THE OFFICE
I’ll just quote you a line from the season premiere: “And while I eventually puked my guts out, I never puked my heart out. And I am very proud of that.” Man I love this show. I'm so glad it's back. The summer was just too long to be away from it.

ETC.
I’m also liking Back to You. It still has some kinks to work out. But Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton are fabulous in anything that they do.

What about you guys? How are you feeling about the season’s shows so far?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh man, The Office premiere was great. I loved how Michael announced that he had hit Meredith with his car. "The doctors did all that they could... but she's going to be fine." Hilarity.

Amstaff Mom said...

Mixed feelings on Sara living on CSI. I think the whole Grissom/Sara thing is a little weird, so I wasn't going to be sad if she left. But she made it, for another season at least.

JLR said...

heather: I know, right! I'm so glad that I recorded the episode because I had to watch it twice. Michael was in fine form. And who doesn't want to participate in the Michael Scott Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For The Cure?

amstaff: I agree. blech. I don't like that storyline at all. But I did read today that she's leaving the show and will only be in something like 6 or 7 (or 9?) episodes. I don't know if that's true.