Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fall t.v. update and my day so far

Fall t.v. update:
Pushing Daisies premiered last night. Y’all it was great. It’s not going to appeal to everyone, but it was my kind of show. Chi McBride’s character Emerson Cod is my new favorite fictional person I wish I could hang out with. Unfortunately, ABC doesn’t have it on their list of shows that you can watch full episodes of, and Warner Bros has made YouTube take down all the videos, so if you missed it last night, I don’t know what you can do about it. Maybe they’ll run it again.

My day so far:
First, guess what today’s date is? RR has already called me and asked me if I knew what the date is. She rocks.

So this morning, I think I made some guy at the gas station think I was crazy or drunk or both. If I had seen me, I would have known exactly what I was doing, but I guess he’s not like me. Anyway, here’s what happened. I was driving to the dentist, and I heard this sound, and I swear, it sounded like a cat.

Background: The other day when I was about to get in my car to go somewhere, RR told me to be sure and check under my car before I left because she’d seen a cat under my car the other day.

So here I am driving, and I hear this sound that sounds like a cat. I tried to ignore it and tell myself that it’s just my imagination, but then I heard it again, and I remembered what RR had told me the other day. So I though, ok, 'when you get to the dentist, just check.' But then I heard it again, so I wheeled into the gas station I was driving past. And this is when I got the weird looks from that man.

So, if you are in your car, and you want to look under your car, what do you do? I didn’t want to get out and lay on the ground because . . . well, that doesn’t really need a reason beyond not wanting to lay on the ground, right? I didn’t want to lay on the ground. I’d get dirty and it would hurt my knees and I don’t like the way cement feels and it’s awkward and whatever, I didn’t want to. (Ok, I have reasons). Point it: not getting on the ground. So I did what anyone else would do, or anyone but, apparently, that man at the gas station–I opened my car door and leaned way over until I was upside-down, and I looked under my car. That’s it. No big deal. Just hanging upside-down out of my car for a minute. Well, I sat back up, couldn’t be sure I’d checked very thoroughly, and did it again, but that’s it. If you saw me, wouldn’t you know that I was just trying to look under my car?

Anyway, I didn’t see anything. So I sat back up, shut my door, turned off the car and sat there for a minute. I didn’t hear anything, so I left. I didn’t hear anything else after that. Now I don’t know what to think.

Update: Pushing Daisies is now available for viewing on the ABC website. Go! Go watch! Go go go!

3 comments:

jes said...

It's okay to admit when you've been drinking, JLR. Just try to remember not to drive next time. (And, seriously: is going to the dentist really THAT bad?)

Amstaff Mom said...

I needed my boss to sign some papers today and he asked the date and we got to do the whole 10-4 exchange.

It's the little things.

JLR said...

AM: that's awesome. It is *so* the little things.

Jes: haha! yes.