Friday, October 19, 2007

Lookin' Gooood

I look teeeerrrible today. I didn’t do anything worth having the drawn skin and dark circles under my eyes that I have today. I had dinner with some friends but it did not involve alcohol, and it was over by 8ish. I did stay up too late, partly because my family was stalking me. Argh! Quit calling me! I’m trying to take my shower! Anyway, family stalking, so I didn’t get in bed before rr got home from class, and we talk too much, yada yada yada, I didn’t get to bed on time.

And today, I look like it.

And also, I recently had my teeth bleached at the dentist. Did I already write about that? Well, I got my teeth bleached, but I’m not crazy about the results. And now part of my teeth look more or less clear. Is that ok? I don’t think that’s supposed to happen. Right? I don’t know, I’ve never done this before. But it’s not helping me feel confident about my appearance today.

It doesn’t help that I recently had my hair cut by yet another stylist. And he is yet another stylist who does not understand the concept of “sweepy bangs.” What I need to do, I guess, is look my next stylist in the eyes and say “I have a big forehead, so I need bangs, but I don’t look good with bangs. So I need longish bangs that sweep across my forehead, hiding said forehead without making me look 12. But I need the bangs to not be the kind that start on the far side of my forehead and sweep all the way across, because I can’t pull that off. So I need bangs that start just to the left of my center part and sweep to the right. But that leaves part of my forehead exposed, so I need actual bangs–the non-sweeping kind–there. And this will look fine, and I know this because my former stylist always made it work.” But that takes too long, so I always just say, with accompanying hand gestures, “sweepy bangs. You know? I just want them to sweep across. But part of it, I want actual bangs, so it goes across, you know?” And they do not know, apparently. They say they know, but they don’t. And so I get bad bangs.

Also, I specifically told him that my old stylist used to give me one long layer, but since she left, I’ve had a number of stylists who didn’t do it right, including the last one who made the top layer way too short. He said he understood. And then he proceeded to give me the exact same haircut. Grr. Do not want!

And, finally, what is with “The Office” being an hour long these days? I love the show, but it’s funnier at half an hour. And why has the CW stopped putting full episodes of ANTM on their site?

10 comments:

Heather said...

Oooh, we have matching under-eye circles. Pretty!

The Office is much better as a 30-minute show. There were a few things in the episode last night that certainly wouldn't have made the cut for the normal amount of time.

JLR said...

exactully. When it's just half an hour, there's a much higher chance that every moment of the show will be pure genius. That's what I want to see!

And you know, I almost linked to your blog to provide a "compare and contrast" for good reasons (e.g., your drinking post) for having under-eye circles versus not good reasons (mine).

JLR said...

But I don't know what your deal is today, unless (a) you always have dark circles, (b) you went out drinking AGAIN last night, or (c) it's residual.

Heather said...

My dark circles are pretty constant, though I think that I notice them more than anyone else. I have really, really thin skin there, so apparently that's a problem.

Also, the lack of sleep might have something to do with it...

JLR said...

And all the drinking. :)

Heather said...

Yes, the drinking. Oh, the drinking.

Avery Gray said...

You're right about "The Office", but at the same time, I'm conflicted. Dwight Shrute is my hero, and I bask in his glory. So, an extra half hour is good basking time, right? Oh, the conundrum!

JLR said...

Avery--I know what you mean! I do think that the show is better as a half hour show, but when it's over, I'm sad!

Katie said...

i know this is an old post and i'm hoping you get comments emailed to you because I heart that you watch The Office and ANTM (and on the internet no less)

JLR said...

Katie--I do get comments e-mailed to me, and sometimes I even remember to check that e-mail account. :)

So who do you like this year for ANTM? I am rooting for bianca--rooting for her to get kicked off ASAP.