Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sewing for Dummies

So, I’m thinking that I might try, once again, to learn to sew. And I’m thinking about investing in a new sewing machine to help with the process. I don’t know. I haven’t decided. I’m sorta broke right now. And I’ve never been successful at my previous attempts. But this time, I really feel like I could do it.

See, one of my coworkers is having a baby, and she and her husband are brokeish, and she’s having a hard time finding baby bedding that she likes that isn’t also so expensive that she’d have to, you know, trade the baby for it. And I’m thinking, sheets! How hard can it be to make sheets? And a crib dust ruffle? And, ok, that little bumper thing and the comforter could be a little harder, but still–no zippers! No button holes! How hard can it be?

Seriously. I can do that, right? And then after that . . . work clothes! I can make a suit, right?

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Remember that State Fair when your sister crocheted the ENTIRE time?

No? Well, that's all I'm thinking of right now. Elvis, RR and the world’s LONGEST scarf.

Amstaff Mom said...

I have a sewing machine, with the same intentions, to quilt, make all sorts of pretty stuff for my house, etc...

I have to read the instructions every time I get it out. And I don't know how to follow a pattern.

Rookie.