Wednesday, November 07, 2007

So bored. If only I had work I could be doing right now . . .

See, this is how lazy I am. I’m sitting here at my desk with work that I have to do. I have put this particular task off for as long as I can. There’s no way around it, I have to do this. I have reached a point in this work where I need to go down the hall to a coworker’s office and get a thick, heavy file and look through it. And I don’t want to do that. So I’m sitting here, racking my brains trying to think of a way around it, and I can’t, because there isn’t one, so really, I’m just sitting here wasting time. Time I don’t have to waste. But because I’m so lazy, I’m still sitting here. And now I’m blogging about it. Lazy!

If only I were the type of person that had no qualms about calling her secretary and saying, “Lois, please bring me the Maschenheimer file.” [note: my secretary’s name isn’t Lois, and I don’t have a file on anyone or anything named Maschenheimer] But I’m not. I can’t bring myself to call my secretary and ask her to bring me anything because that would be just lazy (and it’s not part of her job to bring me stuff, so also I’d be kind of a jerk). I am lazy, obviously (and not a jerk, usually), but my coworkers don’t need to be talking about it, so I’m not giving anyone any ammo. Soooooo . . . yep, just sitting here.

4 comments:

RR said...

Me, too, with the laziness. So very much me too.

Heather said...

I'm usually so wrapped up in a blanket at work that I first do anything I can that does not require me to leave my chair.

Then I do the things that I can do without leaving my office.

Lastly, I'll make a list (seriously) of the things that I need to do outside of my actual office (copying, filing something, etc.) and then do them all in one swoop. Then I can return to my blanket and the internets.

Emma Sometimes said...

Is it lazy that I'm finally getting around to commenting after about two weeks?

Lazy schmazy.

That's cool that you have a secretary. I want a secretary, too.

JLR said...

rr: I am familiar with your laziness. It's a family gene.

heather: that is an EXCELLENT plan. I shall adopt it.

ems: If that's lazy, then I guess that makes me . . . well, yeah, it's lazy, because that's what I have been doing. I go read people's sites, but for the most part, it takes too much energy to think of something to say, much less type it. Yea for laziness!

And she's technically my secretary, but her responsibilities don't actually include much for me. For the other two people I work with, yes, but not so much for me, unless listening to me complain endlessly about how much work I have to and how cold it is in my office counts for something.

But I can *say* that I have a secretary, and that just sounds cool.