Monday, December 17, 2007

You don't see anything, but it hurts (ooooh, how it hurts!)

So, for about a week now, I’ve had a stomach ache for pretty much all day, every day. It feels marginally better after I eat a little bit of oatmeal, but that’s about it. It feels like someone’s taking a cheese grater to the inside of my stomach (you may thank me for sharing that image with you). My mom says I should go to the doctor because “that sounds like an ulcer,” and it could be, but it could also be an up to now never experienced by me side effect of antibiotics that I’m taking (I haven’t checked yet). I guess I should find out if it’s the medicine so that I can stop taking it, but I go by the rule of once you start on antibiotics, you finish, so that’s just not going to happen.

Besides, the last time that I had lots of stomach aches (and acid reflux on top of that), the doctors poked and prodded me, took my blood, made me drink nasty things, and dug around in my innards with a scope, and after all that, all they could tell me was, “everything looks fine, but uh, maybe drink less coffee?” (which: ha!). So I don’t know why I should go back now. Especially since today, my stomach doesn’t hurt quite as bad. On the other hand, now I have nausea to go with it. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I’ll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Lia said...

Drink less coffee? THAT'S supposed to be solid medical advice?

Deals On Wheels said...

It's the guacamole.

RR said...

I'm thinking ulcers.




(And now I have a song stuck in my head. "Oh, Miss! Oh, Miss! Oh, Mississippi steamboat, rounding the bend, woo-woo!...")

JLR said...

get up the river, you lazy boat, you!

Deals: it's not the guacamole. Or it might be.

Lia: I KNOW, RIGHT!?

Rae: it's not ulcers. I don't have peptic ulcers. Probably.

Heather said...

Helloooooo? Anyone alive out there?

JLR said...

Good golly, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I'd posted anything. What on earth have I been doing?