Thursday, January 17, 2008

Apparently, I'm falling apart

So apparently, I haven’t posted anything since before Christmas. I took a bit of a holiday break, and then I have not posted anything lately because RR won’t get off of my computer at night.

Ok, actually it’s because I’ve been catching up on Project Runway and baking, but I will blame it on RR because it’s probably good for her to take the blame for stuff. Develops character.

So, I went to the doctor on Monday for my yearly “please please please renew my Nexium and don’t make me go back for more tests involving sticking tubes down my throat because that just made me throw up” visit, and when my doctor asked me if I needed my Nexium refilled, I said “no, I don’t need it.”





WHAAAAAT? What what? ?!!???!!!?? Why did that come out of my mouth? Oh, and the other medicine I went to get renewed, my allergy medicine, I didn’t even mention that I needed more Nasonex, and when she told me that Zyrtec was going generic, did I ask her for a prescription for something that wasn’t generic? No, I did not. What the hell is wrong with me, y’all? No, please, don’t give me the medicine that makes me stop sneezing all day or the medicine that stops me from feeling like someone is taking a metal file and shaving off bits of my stomach lining. I DON’T NEED IT.

So. Not the most productive doctor’s visit I’ve ever had. Now I’m trying to come up with a way to say that I do actually need my medicine without sounding like I’ve just discovered that I can make money by selling my prescriptions on the black market.

In other news, It’s Cold. Yes, it’s January, so I should expect it to be cold, but it’s been so pleasant lately that I’m not used to the cold. And really, it’s not so much the temperature, which is only in the 30s, it’s the really freakin’ cold wind. The walk into work this morning, not so much fun. Normally, under these circumstances, I would have sprinted to work (well, sprinted, stopped, wheezed, sprinted some more, stopped, caught my breath, wheezed some more, walked quickly, sprinted for about 5 steps, etc), but I couldn’t this morning because, oh, yeah, I have an ingrown toenail.

The hell? Ingrown toenail? That hardly seems fair! I do not cut my toenails too short! I’m very careful about that kind of thing. Fat lot of good that did me. Apparently, my particular affliction came about because my big toe and the toe immediately next to it (index toe?) were rubbing together. Boooooo. And I had to go get antibiotics for it because my toe looks very, very angry right now. It’s all inflamed on the side, raised skin and very red, with a white spot on it that is hopefully NOT filled with pus (ew, gross). Why do I have so many foot problems? Isn’t it bad enough that I have arch problems that prevent me from wearing super cute shoes? Why are you punishing me, God? WHHYYYYYYYYYYY?????!!???

So anyway, today I’m wearing ugly shoes that emphasize the fact that I have clown feet because these shoes are the only ones I have that don’t squeeze my foot. Thrilled about that.

Allergies are bad today. The bad weather that blew in brought something with it that, apparently, I’m quite allergic to. And I forgot to take my allergy medicine this morning because I’m an idiot. I did use my neti pot, but that was only marginally helpful. I’ve been a fan of the neti pot for a few years now, and it really does provide relief from the overwhelming sinus pressure that I’d had for so long before I started using it. But even the magic neti pot was no match for my allergies this morning. It helped, but it didn’t solve everything.

In work news, I got a lot done on Monday and Tuesday (finally! yeesh.), less so yesterday through no fault of my own (no, actually, Boss, I do NOT have time to run with you to Starbucks after our 2 hour lunch, but I’m too chicken to tell you that, so, yes, please, let’s go, I would be happy to walk more on my angry toe, actually, yes, this mocha is yummy, but OW OW OW aaaaand the day is over), and today looks to be almost a total wash out. On account of the allergies, I’m sitting here basically in a stupor. Like, just now, a coworker came to talk to me, and it took all of my available energy not to just lay my head down on my desk while she was talking to me. I’m having Qdoba for lunch and having them put spicy stuff on my burrito bowl thing, so that hopefully will be conducive to drainage. Make mine chicken with a side of yummy!

So, what’s going on with y’all?

2 comments:

jes said...

Oh, wait. You mean you still have a blog? I thought maybe you had been sucked into the vortex of lawyering.

Deals On Wheels said...

You already knew about the Zyrtec thing, because you made fun of me about it back in November. Or maybe that was your sister? No matter - if one of you knew, both of you knew!

I miss you guys. When are you moving back to Dallas? New Mexico is too far to visit.