Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Weird Electricity Goings On

So, last night, my hair dryer started making this weird clicky, ‘bout-to-catch-fire sound while I was using it. Also, when I was making my yummy grilled cheese sammich for dinner, this weird high-pitched squealing noise started coming from the general direction of the stove top. Was it the stove? The pan? The sandwich? I don’t know (but I ate the sandwich). Then, RR tells me that when she was using the microwave during the day, it kind of flashed on and off a few times.

WTH, y’all? I’m afraid of our townhouse now.

Also, I’m buying a new hair dryer in case it’s not that I have a poltergeist and the hair dryer is actually going to catch fire the next time I use it. Any recommendations?

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Sounds like a wiring issue and/or power surges. But I'm not an electrian so who knows.

Wow. I just read my comment. SO NOT helpful.

Yeah, sorry about that.

JLR said...

Yeah, NOT HELPFUL. Thanks.
:)

On the other hand, if due to some power surge or uninvestigated wiring issue, I accidentally set some kind of electrical fire while using my hair dryer, you'll get to say you told me so.