Thursday, April 03, 2008

I am getting work done. Really.

The things I notice about work don’t involve any actual work. Such as:

The building people have installed automatic flushing toilets that scare the beejebus out of me. It was especially scary the first time I went in there after they had done the install because I didn’t know they’d done it.

The coffee today tastes worse than ever. Didn’t really think that was possible.

My coworker recognizes my footsteps when I go past his door, which I do a lot because his office is right by the break room with the coffee. Apparently, the quickness of the steps and the clomping gives me away. Hey, I have stuff to do, I’m not going to stroll around the office. But I do wish I didn’t sound like an elephant in heels.

The other day, I couldn’t find the Pyrex measuring cup for me to microwave water to make my oatmeal. Several of my coworkers thought it was amusing how panicked I got. The ones that didn’t think it was funny? Also needed to microwave water for oatmeal. The same flavor, even. It’s both comforting and sad how similar some of us.

And, on a final note, there are very strange sounds coming from the ceiling right now. I’m mildly concerned. I would be more concerned, but I don’t want to have to get out of my chair.

No comments: