Thursday, April 03, 2008

I done bobbed my hair

Y’all, I copied RR and cut my hair. And I mean I really copied her, as in I took her with me to her stylist, pointed at her, and said, “I want that hair cut.” It’s not super short, a little past my chin, but it is a tiny bit shorter than RR’s. I think I like it. If I decide I don’t, it will grow back, so it’s no big deal, but I would prefer to definitely like it. I won't know how I feel about it until a few days from now when the new hair cut magic wears off and it starts misbehaving again.

But two people have told me that cutting that much off was “brave.” I . . . don’t know how to take that. Brave because some women don't like to cut their hair? Or brave because maybe it’s not for me? Is it like when my grandmother says something is “interesting”? I just don’t know how to take it when someone sees your new haircut and tells you it was brave for you to get it. But I don't see how it can be good.

On a related note, I broke my round hairbrush last night. I didn’t even notice it at first, I just noticed that it seemed like the handle was a little loose, and the bristles weren’t gripping my hair like they should. Turns out that the handle separated from the bristle part. I tried to hold the two pieces together to dry my hair, but, alas, that does not work so much. This is what happens when you buy the much, much cheaper hairbrush because “why should I spend more money on a hairbrush?” and “how much different can they be?”

And even though my hair is shorter, it takes no less time to dry and style. Boooooo.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I bobbed my hair once. In ninth grade. It. Was. Awful. I look young as it is, so when my 14-year-old self done bobbed her hair, she looked... nine.

But I'm sure that you look lovely and age-appropriate... :)

JLR said...

Well, I don't look nine, at least. :)