Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Toilets, Babies, and Starbufee

Yesterday, the automatic toilet flushing mechanisms thought they'd have a little fun with me. On three separate trips to the bathroom, the toilet flushed whilst I was still upon it. Three separate times. Fortunately, I wasn't in the middle of anything other than my usual o.c.d. arranging of the t.p., so I was able to jump up, but still. Ew.

In other news, BF/R is having a baby in a few short weeks, and I still haven't bought a present for her. Because I suck. Also, I am majorly indecisive. But mostly, I suck.

And, finally, to conclude this short post about nothing much interesting, a friend of mine gave me a Starbuffee gift card as a thank you for doing her a favor, and she put way too much money on it. It makes me feel guilty because it wasn't that big of a favor. That being said, it's awfully handy. I love it when people subsidize my habit. But is it weird that when I went there with her today, I couldn't bring myself to use the card in front of her? As though using the card would somehow convey to her that I didn't appreciate the gesture, that I took her nice thought for granted? Yeah, I guess it's weird. Hmm. I will have to make sure to use the card the next time we go.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Auto flushers are the devil. We all can flush with our foot. Except for me, who once NEARLY missed losing my balance to plunge the loo with my shoe.

I don't know who BF/R is. That's not impatient bee is it? I'm lost but that's normal.

My sister lives in the UK and gave me her LONDON starbucks card. Every time I need to reload the barista wants to keep it. I have to ask for it back and then they say, "you can't register those here.." Really? Cause I thought London was only 5 miles away?

Okay, smarta** here...anyway, my sister registered it on the UK site.

Now I've left you a big enough comment to make up for all the times I missed commenting.

PS. You don't suck.

PPS. I heard McDonalds has free iced-coffee 7am to 7pm through Aug 3rd. I don't know if that's national or not. FYI.

JLR said...

Hellooooo! Yes, I am quite accomplished with foot-flushing. No automatics necessary! Well, maybe at the airport, where there are nonflushers, which, gross.

BF/R is "best friend/roommate," my roommate from college who is too much like me for us to spend a lot of time together because we get into a lot of trouble. When we are together for an extended period of time, things happen that later are described with the phrase "seemed like a good idea at the time."

I want a London sbux card! Jealous!

And thanks for saying I don't suck! It's nice to know that not everyone is about to wash their hands of me if I don't get my act together tout de suite.

Free coffee, you say? Well, that is good information to have. And now I must go update my google calendar.