Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I WAS thirsty, but also I was BORED

Yesterday I had to sit in on a meeting for a project I won't be working on, so instead of taking detailed notes, I just wrote this:


Yes, I was thirsty.

If you write the same word over and over again, it will start to look strange, and, if you are like me, you will start to wonder if you are spelling it wrong. So I started questioning myself, as you can see here:



Yep, I had to write out the word "thursty" to make sure that "thirsty" was correct. And then I decided it was weird that some "thir" sounding words are spelled t-h-i-r and some are spelled t-h-u-r. I made a note of some of them.

If you can't read that, it says "thirsty, thursday, thirty."

So that's what I did yesterday. My life, it is fascinating.

1 comment:

RR said...

Ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha. "Pick one!"

Hee.

I love meetings.

I think for all meetings, we should invoke the Martin Rule (from Martin, a volunteer where I used to work):
No eatin', no meetin'.