Thursday, July 29, 2010

Again With the Bug Death?

A wasp nest is being constructed on our front door. Well, technically the door frame. But in either case, we have to walk under it and stand there to lock or unlock the door. This makes us worried that a wasp will get in the house and sting someone, the "someone" for whom we are concerned varying depending on whether you are talking to me (one of us) or Wally (RR).

It made for a moment of disbelief on my part when we had that conversation, and it became clear that her worries were more for our cat than either of us. I guess I see her point. If a wasp came inside, I'd avoid it, but Wally would go after it and probably find a way to either get stung or just make it really mad and then be totally ineffective at killing it. But I'm not crazy about the idea of having to avoid whichever room the wasp decides to go in until I think it might have died of natural causes. And there's no way I'd be able to get to sleep at night.

Anyway, point is, we're pretty sure we need to Take Care Of the wasps before the situation gets out of hand. For about a week now, every morning as we're about to leave for the day (with RR checking out the window to make sure no wasps are right by the door, then us dashing out, me gently shutting the door and locking it while RR keeps a lookout for trouble), we say, "ok, for real, tonight, we have to spray the wasp nest. For real." But every night we manage to not make time for it. Because spraying wasp nests makes us feel like murderers. Because that's what we are. Wasp killers.

Meanwhile, the nest gets bigger everyday.

In other news, my friend at work is leaving at the end of next month. Sad! Who will be my sushi buddy now? Mmm, avocado rolls. Is there anything better than rice and avocado put together? And also, I will miss her lots. *sniff*

In other other news, we're currently on an experimental homemade marshmallow kick. It's fun, though fattening. And it's cool. It's SCIENCE! (said in best Bill Nye voice)

And I guess I'll end on this little gem. I have finally figured out the one thing that could cure me of my Nutella addiction: throwing it up. Why didn't I think of that before? Yummy.

No comments: