Sunday, November 07, 2010

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, which is why I can't talk about work sometimes

Holy fazzoli, HOW has it been that long since I posted something? I guess maybe nothing has happened to me except work. Not that post-worthy things don't happen at work--they do. I discuss it with RR ad nauseam (well, to the point of her feeling nausea, I just get more irritated). But unfortunately, my fear of getting fired or somehow violating ethics rules prevents me from talking about it much here.

So I will just say that sometimes I really think my boss is just messing with me.

On a happy note, today I am going to the store to buy these rice puffy things, the name of which I do not know, which makes it difficult to ask for in the store. We went to one store to look for them yesterday, but they didn't have them. It took a while to figure that out, though, because we don't know what they are called, and "rice puffy things," accompanied by hand gestures approximating their size, is apparently not that descriptive.

So we are going to a different store today. And then we are going to Central Market, which isn't anywhere close to the first store or our home. But we like cashew butter on the rice puffy things, and all other cashew butter pretty much pales in comparison to that of CM. That's a lot of grocery stores. And driving. But I am terribly excited about it. It's going to be the highlight of my day. Sad, but true.

We'll probably have to swing by the parents' abode to say hello, which would normally be fun, but the whole time we're there, I'll be thinking about those rice puffy things just sitting in the car, waiting to be et.

Let's see, um, I finally joined the rest of the world and downloaded Skype. I did this so that RR and I could talk to each other without having to shout if one of us was upstairs while the other was downstairs. That is some serious pigritude, but I am unrepentant. But here was the cool part. I look terrible on the webcam (no surprises there), BUT my eyes show up as this really odd blue color. This was like, crayon, colored contacts, laser beam blue. If my eyes were this color in real life, NO ONE would mess with me. Because I really looked like I might be (a) a supernatural being, (b) possessed, or (c) a robot. It was awesome.

In other News, I am considering adopting old-fashioned Rules for Capitalization. Said Adoption might be accompanied by adoption of old-timey Spelling. No Reason, just sounds fun. And confusing. And slightly nerdy. In other Words, Me.

3 comments:

chirky said...

Now I want to talk to you on Skype, just to see your eyes.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy talking to you otherwise.

But, you know. Wow. It has been a long time.

Deals On Wheels said...

Ditto.

JLR said...

Jes, it HAS been a long time. And I don't so much talk on Skype as use it to eliminate my enemies with my laser beam eyes.

Deals: Ditto.