Monday, February 21, 2011

Well OF COURSE I did that

In replying to comments on my Betty Garrett post, I said that I try to find blogs on blogger, but I "always wind up with only mommy blogs (not that there's anything wrong with that, just not my area of interest) and blogs written in (I think) Portuguese." And then I noticed that one of my few followers is a mom, and I remembered that another writes her blog half in Portuguese. This is what I get for trying to be funny. Maybe it would have been better if I'd prefaced it with "no offense."

What do you think, Natalie? Does that work?



Yeah, I didn't think so, either.

For the record, I like plenty of blogs by women who are moms, I just personally can't relate to blogs that are nothing but pictures of children I don't know. And the only reason I don't read blogs that are written in Portuguese is because, you know, I can't.

This is like when RR and her coworker were talking about how creepy they think clowns are, and another coworker said she used to dress up like a clown to visit children at hospitals. Only worse, because clowns are creepy, which I think you know deep down inside even if you are a clown.

So this is me trying to fix it. Sorry, guys. No offense?

2 comments:

flask said...

i tend to avoid mommy blogs and blogs in portuguese (there are a lot of them) for just the reasons you name.

i do, however, subscribe to several mommy blogs that i absolutely LOVE. they have with and style and charm. that's why i read them.

not because they're mommy blogs.

and the portuguese blogs? well, i don't subscribe to any. i would, but you know. if it isn't partly in a language i can read, i don't.

i really hope your readers know the difference and don't take offense.

JLR said...

I do, too, flak! But I live in fear of offending people. Well, I live in fear of *unintentionally* offending people. When I'm trying to be offensive, I have no remorse. :)

Btw, I'm open to suggestions, if you want to recommend any blogs.